DJHJD

DJHJD

Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday the 13th

Friday the 13th -

So, I'm spending my Friday the 13th creating new opportunity for myself. After six years nearly to the day, I'm going back to work for John on Monday. I'm really very excited about being in a productive environment again. I can already see financial benefit from this arrangement.

The other day, one of my friends was decrying the life of the self-employed consultant. I’m there. It’s insane. I’m going back to a job that will have insurance, 401(k), withholdings, opportunities to bring in business I wouldn’t normally have access to, responsibilities that suit my strengths, and fancy coffee.

Sondra’s been grilling me about this move, but I really don’t have any reservations. When I made the deal with MJV five years ago, every bones in my body (and every hyper-string connection with the infinite) was shrieking that it was a horrible idea. When I agreed to work with CP two years ago, I had the same experience. Hopefully, this time I’m actually paying attention.

Donna sent me a really cool horoscopic reading today that suggests that it’s time for me to get a handle on money, the issue that most people never get under control. The article had some fascinating points to make – that one’s facility with money is in direct relationship to how one sees oneself in the world, and how powerful one feels personally – powerful as in able to make something happen.

So, I’m thinking about all of that.

Taught class last night; the module I taught last night is a very good one. Only three students were there in class; it worked out, though. We talked about how so much of the tactile world is set up for us to focus on separateness, and on the reason that things happen that are difficult, like the Amish girls being murdered two weeks ago.

I have to continue to clean up outstanding client work – mostly just cleaning up my files of their stuff, so that it’s truly clean and organized.

After nearly six years of being mostly alone, it will be really good to be working with a team of people again.

I have been, however, unwilling to discuss this with the family, and so on. I’ll let them know .. maybe. Later. After much success has been realized. Maybe.

My client has finally arrived (30 minutes late, not bad.) I wonder if the 3:00 client is going to be on time (if he is, he’ll have to wait.) I wonder, I wonder.

It will be fun to work with Jeffrey.

I’m at Pappasito’s, and they’re about to celebrate someone’s birthday. How annoying. Can’t they just contain those people in a sound proof bubble or something? They’re so loud, and unmusical. The table was already noisy enough to hear at the front of the restaurant.

No comments: