DJHJD

DJHJD

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Sunday - the day before MLK day

Church today was something else. I drove down there rather scattered. I had my morning started with the intention of working on some paperwork AND getting ready for church, and I was sticking my head in the sand with respect to what and how I was going to say .. whatever. The topic and material was quite well established - it was a matter of how I was going to approach it.

I had already pulled together video cable, the candle plate I bought at Pier One, the Play-Doh, my books .. and so I drove Ruby down there with the stuff. Got there in record time, and started cabling, candling, and getting ready. In pops a brand-new guy, who wanted to ask questions - and I'm trying to mark my reference materials for my discussion. Urk. Eighteen people drift in; some old, two new .. as things wrapped up, a guy walked in and told us that he went to the Unitarian church nearby, but wasn't happy. He told me what it was he wanted and it was clear he had come to the right place. So, we talked about SOM for a while, and the things he didn't like about the Unis, and he says he has SIX friends that he thinks will come along with him if he likes it at NV.

So, after the crowd nattered for another half hour, we talked about where we were going to put everyone - 18 chairs of 24 is pretty full! So, we moved some things around, and now have thirty-nine chairs in the church.

I worked with Lisa after we cleaned everything up, and checked my voice mail for the first time - and found Chuck had wanted to go with me! That would have been 19!

I worked with Lisa a long while today; I was very clear that we'd be working on my weight issue. That dredged up a whole TON of old feelings, beliefs, and so on - it just went on and on - wave after wave of memories, and clarity in how I formed such powerful, negative self-beliefs. I was drained. But, I can feel a difference somewhat already.

Lisa says this will take lots and lots more work. Urk.

Came home, made a huge salad, took a nap, worked on the paperwork I wanted to finish in the morning, and have been screwing around on the net since. I'm trying to decide if tonight will be a movie night or not. I think it just could be.

I've had Travis on the mind a lot lately. A lot a lot. I'm resisting.

No comments: