DJHJD

DJHJD

Friday, December 16, 2005

Im not a babysitter

I’m not a babysitter

Yep.  I’m not.  That’s what the apartment manager said to me.  That I needed to work things out with the upstairs neighbors who make so much noise that one cannot carry on a conversation here in my unit.  She basically said that she doesn’t want to hear about this any further unless I can invite her into my unit to hear the noise herself.

There being more than one way to skin a cat; I’ll politely whip the shit out of them using their lease agreement, community rules, and sound recordings.  We have the technology; we have the training.

I’m about to start baking a pumpkin pie for tonight’s NV party.  I’m waiting for documents to send in to the lender on a file that’s scheduled to close on Tuesday – since the seller is out of town, and we can’t get a survey or anything out of them, it will be Wednesday, probably.

Trying to move two other files forward also – I have to do some work for them.  Can’t get CP to call me back to save my life.  Rather like calling Santa’s hotline – there’s a placebo effect, but no results.

Just found out that a lender sent me a loan approval on October 24 – and it went to CP’s fax number, but he NEVER told me about it – just lamented that nothing had happened with that loan.

A bit later

Baking pumpkin pies for tonight’s party – it smells fabulous.  It looks perfect.  Two hours to cool, and then around 6:30, we’ll be off for the party.

I think I’ll defer working on these two loans until tomorrow morning.  Nothing is going to happen with them until Monday morning, anyway.

Mikey came over at lunch and brought me a christmas prezzie – a tea light potpourri burner.  Funny, I had been WANTING one.  Having this in the den scents the whole house.  I love my lamberger, but it’s so DAMNED expensive to feed, and it’s fussy.  If I don’t burn it all the time, it gets cranky.

So, this is great.  Mikey’s going to also help me figure out the software/hardware necessary to get three months’ free rent out of these people for the noise upstairs.  I need to ask E about a software package though – he’ll know just what to find.

I think a nap is in order here.  And more tapping.  Where’s Lisa when I need her?

1 comment:

picklesandroses.blogspot.com said...

Well, I, for one, would never have guessed all this was going on as you baked your wonderful pie. I hope you noted that there was none left and I detected none of the mentioned angst in any of my delicious bites.
Okay, now, help me. What is the big deal about scenting up one's house? Everyone I know is going bonkers over some kind of gizmo or another. My daughter has some electric gizmo that puts out a scent on her Christmas list and I grant you, it is a nice idea but I just don't get the big deal about it. Does everyone's house stink or what? I've never objected to most odors with the exception of the dog's very silent farts. Am I just an ol' fart to be so behind (no pun intended...well, maybe a little one) the times? Don't answer that.