DJHJD

DJHJD

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

At least on the surface of it.

I haven't paid rent yet this month. I asked UHCL if they would please put my check request at the head of the list so I could get paid this week. I have a client that I'm doing some accounting work for, from whom I expect to be paid on Saturday. I was actually expecting to get paid from him on Monday or Tuesday, and it seems that he took a trip out of town until Friday.

And, Scott in Austin owes me $525.00.

So.

Scott has decided that I have not helped him, and that I completed none of the projects that he asked for help with. Of course, that's simply not true. I completed everything for him. He's upset because he owes taxes to the IRS plus penalties for late filing. Of course, none of that had anything to do with me. He says he has no idea where he stands with anything .. etc. So, he's not going to pay me.

UHCL promised me that they had put my invoice in, but I just called accounting, and they have nothing in the system. Strangely, there is nothing in the system for the check that they just cut me a few weeks back, either. So, I don't know whether I am being lied to, as before, or whether ..

I can't get clarity on my current issue at hand (the tendency to put off doing work until it's just about due .. Mr. Procrastinate) I don't do anything that I don't HAVE to do, such as filing, marketing or whatever, unless something just snaps inside and I get it all done. Task lists and calendaring just don't matter a whit.

I have to have a breakthrough here. And I have to have it damned fast.

No comments: