DJHJD

DJHJD

Thursday, April 03, 2003

Impluse shopping

I have cleared off my desk to a degree; I have my homework from my Self-Mastery class sitting here, waiting to be worked on (I have class on Saturday, and I think I'm four weeks behind in the reading and such.) E leaves for LA tomorrow around 11:00; then it's all afternoon to work on it, I guess.

Last night, had Brian over, and I asked E if he would look at my Animatronics Marvin the Martin thing - Brian figured out that the volume switch also works as an on/off switch, it started right up .. and a gear broke inside. Now, it looks like I'll have to ship it off to have it repaired.

We went shopping at Fry's yesterday, briefly, and they have a hard disc recorder for the home stereo that is SO cool. It's marked down to $199 (from $599) and has a 10 gig hard drive. I could put all of my cassette music on it! I need it like I need another hole in my head, but ..

While there, I bought the 1975 version of "Rollerball." Talk about impulse buying. It was only ten bucks, but .. yeesh. I started playing it last night, and it moves SO slowly. The production values are very "Sonny and Cher" from the mid-1970s.

Going to see "Allegria" tonight -

This trip has been interesting - we're plotting to rebuild my home computer; new motherboard, new processor, new RAM memory, etc. We'd reuse the hard drive, the sound card, monitor, keyboard, etc. It's all going to cost about $400, I think. Eric and Brian will rebuild the D-machine in late April.

Still having major connectivity issues at home with my cable. It's the network card, or something. REALLY irritating.

Well, I've emptied my mind of the random blog-stuff. More later...

No comments: