DJHJD

DJHJD

Wednesday, March 26, 2003

He should be on his mettle ..

So. The Supremes have had oral argument (in itself a double entendre) over whether same sex activity should be regulated by the State of Texas, or (on the other hand) whether it violates the Equal Protection Clause of the Constitution to only apply such laws to same sex couples and not mixed sex couples.

The arguments, if you haven't reviewed them, were bizarre, if not hypocritical.

The District Attorney for Harris County (where I live) inherited this mess, and found himself arguing against something that, in my mind, he clearly didn't think was any of the state's business.

Gotta love Renquist and Scalia - they'll distort and twist any logic path to reach their ideologic goals.

So, as of today, I'm still a criminal. Well, not TODAY.

Two days until E's arrival from YVR - and he's been silent today.

I figured out just how little I'm making doing these tax returns, and .. she's CRABBY about making a bad business deal.

Only 16 more days of tax stuff, and I can bag it.

I think I found the marketing direction that I want to take for the new line of business - once we get our FHA approval, anyway. I have to work on THAT with everything else that's going on.

Sandra Gunn has some stunning lofts available - three in the Renoir that I would love to live in. Come on, bring in those winning lotto numbers!

I don't think I've spoken much about my friend Tom (Owen) in Poznan, Poland. He's been out of touch lately - he caught his boyfriend cheating on him, went through a terrible depression for about two weeks, and then met some OTHER guy on the net, whom he claims he's marrying come May, and moving to Kobenhaven with.

Uh - hello? Rebound? Issues?

Anyway, I need to get off to bed - so I can get up and do more tax returns. Tomorrow, I have at least four to complete. All of my loans are in waiting for underwriting response or appraisals, and Michael's loans are dead in the water. Unresponsive clients.

No big surprise.

Well, good night all .. I'm still birthing that new poem.

No comments: