DJHJD

DJHJD

Monday, December 16, 2002

It's another day in paradise

Spent the whole day doing Christmas cards and chasing loan elements. Finally got one in the hopper; closing Thursday. However, everything else that was promised to me for today has NOT showed up.

But - the Christmas cards are all done, and the business Christmas letters are out the door.

I had to find a translator for one big deal this afternoon late - fortunately, my temp John knew someone and he was right on top of it. Hopefully, this will break the communications logjam.

Talked ongoingly today with that sweet boi in Poznan, Poland. He's just great! He's freezing his butt off, but he's fun to talk to. We were joking ongoingly about the number of men in different parts of the world who send .. well, old fat white gay guys like me .. a picture or two over the internet and suddenly are asking for money and visa sponsorships. I had shared a few of my war stories on this issue with him .. and he wasn't believing it .. quite .. and right in the middle of our ongoing conversation - I get an IM from this lad in Morocco with whom I've spoken THREE times in four months.

Just so that Owen (that's the boy in Poznan) can belive this, here's a quick transcript:

elazri: i have a problem
drdivo: what is it
elazri: my sister it is very sick, and it need for bought the medicamo
drdivo: hm
elazri: yes
drdivo: So you're telling me you need money
elazri: yes, but why this question ?
drdivo: That's waht you were telling me
drdivo: what is she sick with
elazri: she is sick in here estomac and need a operation
drdivo: ah
drdivo: how old is she, your sister?
elazri: 38 years
elazri: I want to ask for a little money of you, but perhaps you do not want because you do not know me well...... ....
drdivo: on second
elazri: ok
drdivo: I had to write a letter for a customer
elazri: ok
elazri: allo
elazri: do you wa
elazri: do you want to hilp my sister?
drdivo: Well - I really have only talked to you three times -
drdivo: it's not something I can do just yet
elazri: ok not problem
elazri: i am sorry
drdivo: it's okay -

<<>>>

I think he just couldn't believe it. Owen, that is.

So far, I've been asked for a visa, housing and moving expenses for a boy from Zimbabwe who's here on a student visa, for a visa and money for a computer from a guy in Pakistan, moving money and housing from a guy in Albany, New York, a visa from a guy in Malaysia .. and this is all just since about Thanksgiving.

Owen says that his sister needs cosmetics - so, could I please send HIM money.

He's a hoot.

My desk still looks like someone blew it up.

Tonight, Stevan wants to come over and groom Barney.

I don't know if I'm up for that just now. I should, though. It's going to involve a trip to the store for Fabreeze, as Jackie's been peeing again.

Yesterday, talked to a guy I know who is one of those fags that can do color and texture. I can do furniture arranging, but not color. I've been thinking of painting, and wanted to have an idea of what I can do. He's suggesting medium red with white or taupe trim, and light taupe wood floor. My friend Eric thinks that it would be too dark, but suggests something "wild" for the kitchen. Wild - colorwise.

I guess that's about all the news that's fit to print for the moment. It's 6:00 - I need to get out of here!

No comments: