DJHJD

DJHJD

Wednesday, December 18, 2002

Happy Holi-daze

The last Wednesday before Christmas - the last business Wednesday of the year, in fact.

I have a closing set for tomorrow, and the lender has been like a ghost ship. A client who has to close in a week who won't provide me with any documents. Another client who swears that she has given me the financial records I requested, and that I just lost them.

My friend Mikey just was whining that he's not featured heavily enough in my blog. So, everyone - please wave "hi" to Mikey - my friend who's online persona is "Cajuntxn." Mikey is one of my computer geek friends, who recently came over and rescued my home computer from a certain death. He is always after me to pimp him out with any young men that I can find, and loves to watch movies with me. He's a nifty guy, and has a heart as big as a Louisiana swamp, which constitutes most of the southern half of that state.

Owen was sick with the flu today, which required me to focus on work related tasks. Eric from Vancouver (E - is his official moniker) thinks that I'm "avoiding" something by finding Owen so appealing. I think everyone just needs to have a drink and sit down for a while.

My realtor "friend" today told me that he didn't think I actually worked. That is the general perception of realtors - that no one else in the transaction actually works. The people at title companies are working nights and weekends, the appraisers are overwhelmed, the insurance agents can't keep up, I wake up every night around 4:30 - worrying about deadlines and whether everything is handled - I just canceled my trip to be with family for Christmas -

But no, we none of us have anything to do with a file showing up at the closing table ready to close.

Just four more minutes, and I'm leaving - it's dark already.

Tonight, it looks like I get to have an evening of peace and quiet. Last night, spending a little time with Brian was very nice - he's such a wonderful man, and just getting really settled into a new world for himself. He adpated so quickly; I guess everyone does when faced with extreme change.

5:30 is upon me, so - until later!

No comments: