DJHJD

DJHJD

Monday, February 08, 2010

Midnight Moonlight matinee

I am up, apartment tidied and readied, everything organized to take to the car, about to have breakfast and head out (post shower) which at 0714 is pretty damned amazing.  I normally am stepping into consciousness at this hour..

Had a dream last night about writing unusual financial articles regarding cars - was reviewing used sales by model and considering increases in sales together with average reported used sales values to determine which cars were GOING to be dogs, and which levels of trade could suggest mechanical/reliability issues.  The dream then segued into the Chevy Camaro, and I was driving one (loaned by someone; I still didn't like spending my money on cars) - the hood wouldn't latch, the valance between the radiator and front fascia was so weak and flimsy that it seemed it would break even more than it had, and the boot cover (this car, in the dream, was a convertible) wouldn't latch down - the only way to GET it to stay down was to put the top UP.

But, then I got in it and drove it like I was JoDB (JoDB is my friend who used to race Porsche cars and now sells Audis) or something.  THAT part was awesome.  Especially since we were parked inside of the old Manhattan post office, which had also been the New York Fed.  I had a delightful but willful dark chocolate colored male Chow Chow dog who didn't like the back seat of the Camaro so much.



And then .. I woke up.

Not as disturbing as previous nightly dreams, but..

We're currently experiencing pollen from both ash and juniper (cedar) which, according to the "newz" is "mild to moderate". 

I protest that they are not wise to the ways of the ash and juniper pollens.  I've been crazy whacked out from the pollens now for more than three weeks.  Pollen.com suggests that the pollen is "medium-high" which again calls into question the ability of those at our local "newzpaper" to .. um .. read.

If you're one who dreads pollination, you should zip on over to pollen.com and fill out a free profile.  Without having to subscribe to a barrage of ads from big pharma, you can check out pollen counts by zip code, what is in season and get a four day allergy forecast by email each morning.

If you're allergic to cat dander, all I can suggest is to stay away from the old lady on the corner with the cats.

No comments: