DJHJD

DJHJD

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

why is it (May 2009 edition)

So, today I jetted over to Knapp Chevrolet after my friend Jimmy told me that they had a Victory Red 1LT RS over there.

Sitting there, out front, was indeed the first production Camaro that I could look at and sit inside of.

Red with black (cloth - it was a 1LT) - and the RS package (including wheels, which I wanted to see in person).

We crawled inside, and .. yes, it's somewhat claustrophobic in there. Yes, the window line is quite narrow. Yes, the interior is very plain. Yes, the view out the rear is very limited. Yes, the passenger side of the dash is featureless.

And yet, I love it. The Hyundai Genesis Coupe has a jewel-like interior, but seems .80 scale, as does the Acura RL. The Genesis Coupe also drove like a wizard, but left me cold on its looks.

I haven't driven the Camaro yet, but from the WaPo's auto editor, I'm going to love it.

Some of the very fun interactions between me and the very nice salesman who came outside to say hello:

"Oh, this is the only red they make." "No, they also have a red tintcoat color." "They only make ten colors." "Yes (recites ten colors by name)."

"We can put leather seats in this one much cheaper than getting the 2LT package." "Yes, but what about the other equipment that comes with the 2LT?" "It's just the leather."

"We had a guy come in and want to see the orange that was on the concept car at the car show. It doesn't come in orange." "Yes, it does. Inferno Orange."

No comments: