DJHJD

DJHJD

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Nigerian scammers and giggle greatness

The other day, a friend told me he'd received one of those chain letters in the mail in which you send a dollar to the person at the top of the list .. I had totally forgotten about that scam!

Back in the day, I had several clients who were convinced that they were going to get rich by sending a dollar to each of eight people. They wanted me to play with them, and I told them that it was as illegal as anything - not believing, they moved forward UNTIL a bunch of them got arrested IN THE CONFERENCE ROOM OF A LAWYER'S OFFICE!! The lawyer, by the by, had been telling them that there was nothing illegal with the scheme.

I guess that lawyer got their degree from a box of Chex Cereal.

Then, only a day later, I had an email from a dating site (that I frankly had forgotten I had once registered on) from some young man promising me eternal love and happiness - but he was regrettably back in South Africa. NIGERIAN SCAMMER! WHOOT! It has been YEARS since I've seen that come on, and I laughed right out loud.

And sent customer service a little note saying .. uh, nuke this guy's user account.

NOTHING is free. Love, money, property, profit, nothing. If it sounds too good to be true, it is.

Still, there's a sucker born every minute. I'm glad to be a mere observer.

No comments: