DJHJD

DJHJD

Friday, December 07, 2007

Mitt Romney fields questions after his big speech yesterday:

I love this guy - I actually subscribe to his daily posts along with a few hundred or thousand other people so that he can keep on writing.

This is the most cheery discussion of the silliness of the LDS faith; nearly as nuts as Scientology.

Cheers and Jeers: Rum and Coke FRIDAY!
by Bill in Portland Maine
Fri Dec 07, 2007 at 02:52:27 PM PST

From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE...

Mitt Romney fields questions after his big speech yesterday:

Reporter: So Joseph Smith put the golden plates in a hat?

Romney: Well, I really don’t want to get into all the nuts and bolts about...

Reporter: And he translated what was on the plates with what, again?

Romney: The Urim and Thummim.

Reporter: Can you spell that?

Romney: No. Look, the point is that religion and politics should never be...

Reporter: And the angel Macaroni told him where the plates were?

Romney: Moroni! It's the Angel Moroni! And I really don’t see why...

Reporter: Did anyone else see these gold plates?

Romney: Look, guys, this is getting way off-topic, and...

Reporter: Isn’t it odd that Joseph Smith put the plates in a hat...then read the words on the plates to a transcriber...who was writing behind a curtain...and then Smith buried the plates so there's no independent verification that they ever existed?

Romney: Oh, they exist, pal...they exist! And if you say one more goddam word about...

Reporter: Hey, you're not supposed to swear!

Romney: I know, I know. I'm sorry. I just... I just want to talk about why my faith won’t interfere with my being president, is all. So if I could just say...

Reporter: Now, your church considered blacks to be cursed during its first 150 years. So when that position was reversed recently, in 1978, was there an adjustment period where it was like, Hey, this is a little freaky...

Romney: No!

Reporter: Like, Hey, get outta my chair! Oops, I forgot, you're on our team now...

Romney: I'm not answering that!

Reporter: Governor Romney, about the Planet Kobol. As president would you have NASA send some sort of a probe to explore the surface of...

Romney: That's it! We're done here.

Reporter: Would you say your magic underw...er, sacred garments are in a twist?

Romney: God, I need a drink... Of water! Of water!

[Ker-SLAM!!]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute, but still a bit of a rip on the definitive South Park episode on the subject.