DJHJD

DJHJD

Monday, November 19, 2007

Monday, Monday ver. 1332.01

"This next week, many of the people we know will be trudging across the continent in the modern day equivalent of traversing the west in a Contestoga wagon - winding through security lines, running from gate to gate, losing baggage, frustrated, tired, arriving in a state of physical and nervous exhaustion to immediately return to a family dynamic that they've left behind years ago.

How much of that stress is brought about by their anticipation of returning to family communication patterns long left behind, and how much is the actual travel experience?

Why are the same families experiencing a more pleasant return on Sunday next when the empirical experience is nearly identical?"

Me, yesterday in church.

I said it much more eloquently (I was in the zone) and more than half of those there came up to me and complimented me greatly.

It's only 8:00, and I'm tired enough (almost) to go to bed. I hardly slept last night. Nothing particularly on my mind, but my brain was whizzing away.

So, over the weekend, while occupying my mind with nonsense, I was surfing away and for some reason happened to surf into an article about the Bonneville. I read it (the article) and came to learn that the 2005 Bonneville is built on the "H" body platform which was designed in .. uh, 1986. For the 1987 Bonneville/LeSabre/Park Avenue/DeVille.

As in, the 2005 Bonneville is riding around on stampings that were tooled and designed in 1986.

It gets worse.

I mentioned to Brian what I had unearthed, and he says: "oh, that "H" platform is actually based on the X-body."

As in, Chevy Citation.

Holy crap.

Other than that, it's been a reasonable day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was mistaken--the H-body is not actually related to the X-body. In fact, it's a unique platform, though you are correct about it being created in 1986.

Here is a complete breakdown of GM platforms my friend Patrick put together. It's very useful, because you can see not only how the platforms relate, but also what cars use which platforms as a basis.