DJHJD

DJHJD

Friday, November 23, 2007

Chilly by Houston standards

All day today, the temperature has been down in the low 50s. The car heater actually started blowing heat - who knew that it could happen?

Got a slower start to the day than I had believed I would. It felt SO wonderful under the comforter with the coldish air outside. I was up until 1:00 a.m. talking to Brian, whom I had not previously met in person - I loved talking to him!! It was great. So, my planned early morning Lowe's run didn't manifest.

It worked out anyway. Seems that they had a line outside at 6:30 a.m., waiting for the 7:00 a.m. opening. I got there at 11:00, and everything on the ad circular that I wanted was right at the front door. Bing, bang, boom! YAY! Got the water filter for the refrigerator water line.

Then, off to lunch with Guy and then to KIAH to watch airplanes land in our annual airplane dork festival. It was COLD, though, and there was very little flying today. We watched KL661 land, and a Cargolux 744 take off, and then two Continental 777s land, and an Air France 777-200ER land and ran inside for cover.

On the way back, I nabbed ten poinsettia plants at the other Lowe's, and then furnace filters from ACE and some Lamberge oil and replacement bulbs for the under cabinet lights. Came home, hung up the Christmas stockings, did some other stuff like that. Had a text from JPO telling me he was going to be picking up his sofa and tables, and immediately found JUST the sofa I had been wanting offered lightly used on Craigslist.

Since then, I've watched some more "Angel" episodes, replaced the water filter in the fridge, the light bulb under the cabinets, and .. bleh. More needs doing.

Tomorrow, we're decorating the front garden (which will include trimming the crepe myrtles, etc., etc.) The ten poinsettias are going in up front, and I'm putting mini-lights in all of the shrubbery in colors that compliment the shrubbery itself.

Big yawns here in the living room.

Hopefully, all of the sneezing and allergies will abate through the drop in temperatures.

No comments: