DJHJD

DJHJD

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Thursday in a damaged shirt

So, we have a thing today at a bank that we do business with - a branch anniversary. I put on dressier clothing (has anyone noticed that almost no one wears a suit or a tie anymore?) and my nine year old nametag that makes everyone jealous.

As I pulled this shirt out of the closet this morning, I thought that it looked .. dingy around the collar, which I thought was weird, since I've worn this shirt probably no more than twenty times. I put it on, and saw what looked like an old coffee stain alongside the neckline, and thought "I never spilled anything on this shirt..."

I got into the office, and under the overhead lights saw yellowish stains EVERYWHERE. Like, the shirt is probably ruined. Which is okay; it was a gift and I never liked it much, as it didn't fit worth a flip.

Trying to buy a replacement Treo for mine that died when it hit the floor Friday last. After several not going so well, I found one that was about to close and sold for $127.50 with only $5.00 shipping. YAY! I expect that by the time I kill this one off, they'll have some brand new zippy Treo that will catch my eye.

After months of feeling disempowered, I've started keeping up with my Quicken again. Not up to where I should be with it, but I'm catching up.

My fury over Hillary's health care plan may have been overstated by the inadequate coverage given it in the traditional media - it does include full benefit mandatory underwritten coverage for people like me who can't otherwise get coverage and creates a very large risk pool that isn't tied to healthy people being their sole members. It restructures health insurance underwriting, and makes health insurance totally portable for people who have it through their employers, replacing COBRA.

For me, the health coverage isn't the issue on the monthly premium - it's the hard, out-of-pocket pre-pay that's $5000 that is impossible. To have pay for virtually all of my health care and pay another $4500 on top of that as against contingencies is unworkable.

I guess it's time for a "Hillary 2008" bumper sticker.

No comments: