DJHJD

DJHJD

Sunday, April 15, 2007

What's with this freezing cold crap?

Fortunately, the big piece of loose tin on the roof stopped banging, or I was so tired that it just didn't matter. I slept anyway.

I love my room now that the giant, upended black sofa is gone from it. It looks smaller now (the room,) which is curious given that an 82" black monster is no longer occupying one whole corner. I've been thinking that I wanted to have a red club chair in that corner, but now I think instead I'd put in a tv stand that was very .. unusual or something. And put a TV on it.

Last night, Ann was suggesting a jewel toned teal color for the bedroom, which is interesting. I love the idea of the purple I had in my apartment bedroom, but .. teal in a similar shade may be a good compromise and provide a good color for the art on the walls.

Much discussion over what to do with the patio - which most people called a courtyard, probably because it's fully enclosed and not open to any walk up. The two schools of thought are to leave it a courtyard open to the sky or to build a weather proof roof over the courtyard and make it into a solarium - skylights, ceiling fans, and still with plants, outdoorsy furniture, etc. A place where people could sit and socialize without the home theater, whether it be raining or whatnot.

The question was repeatedly asked "would you go outside?" Uh, no. It's hotter than anything in the summer? Solarium it is. I think it's cheaper to build, anyway. And, it would reduce the solar heat transfer into the family room. Uh, Chad? Bring your tools.

Now I have to get it designed and paid for.

Last night while surfing around (and thinking about Secret Agent Man,) I discovered his position on a HPD org chart. I was absolutely right that he's in law enforcement. And, an executive therein. Amazing.

I've been having people tell me of late that I look like I'm losing weight again. That makes me happy. I haven't been focusing on it like I was over at the big house, but .. yurg. Without someone's social support, it's just not something I seem to be able to do on my own. There's always something that needs dusting, reading, calculating, or preparation which takes me away from any faint commitment that I have for physical exercise.

The sun has finally caught up with the daylight savings time. Thank God. It's so hard to get up and be motivated when it's still dark as pitch outside. Plus, the snails are still everywhere when it's still twilight.

And I hate stepping on snails. I feel guilty about snuffing their lives out, and feel inattentive.

As I was driving home from the office yesterday, I heard a creaking sound from the front end of my car. 28,000 miles and creaking? Are you kidding me? I hit eBay last night shopping for a lightly used STS-V. Since it's one of the only cars that I'd like and Brian approves of, it seems a good choice. I like the sharkskin color with red and black interior. Looks unusual enough to suit me.

Before everyone came over yesterday (and before I realized that I had sold the big sofa) I broke down most of the boxes in the garage expecting that the sofa would have to go in there. The garbage cans are FULL, but having more order in the garage is a nice thing. I am thinking about just slinging the two remaining boxes out with the trash in the morning and seeing if they pick them up. Then, I'd only have the boxes in which the rest of the garage stuff is packed, the grill, which remains uncertain as to its usefulness, and .. not much else in there.

I just have to get on top of listing all of this stuff on eBay and selling it off. Not only is it annoying having the closet full to the brim, but I need the cash.

People were making fun yesterday that I was going to need room for more tschtokes - and I said "uh, no. I'm done with accumulating worthless visual objects." They didn't believe me. We'll just see. I'm gearing up for another big unloading of crap (meaning, useless visual objects that are antagonizing me due to their need for constant dusting and otherwise lack of function.)

Speaking of useless crap, I'm over it with ick. More unreliable than an early 70's Chrysler, full of drama, I'm just not again initiating communication there.

I need to eat my oatmeal and hit the shower. Have to leave for church in an hour. Board meeting after church, and then I have to hit the grocery store, the gas station (which is again feeling more and more like a cocaine habit) and come home to hang up a bunch of pictures and get ready for company.

No comments: