DJHJD

DJHJD

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

At Paladium for Surgery

I’ve been working on my talk for Sunday in church already. It’s a complex engagement.

This morning, the temperature just felt cooler – like the temperature had broken, and that the hottest part of the summer had passed already. That would be just awesome.

I worked on a client’s train wreck of a file last night until about 11:00, then gave up and went to bed rather than fall over. I felt like such a loser, compared to Bram, who worked until 2:00 a.m. or later. I have to get that file work completed by tomorrow, and a bunch of other work as well. Yurg.

One of my friends dropped in yesterday; she hadn’t been to the house yet. She was very excited about all the roooooom I have now, and was walking around asking what my thoughts were about painting and so on. She asked if I had selected the colors for the kitchen, and I said “uh, no.” She then was telling me that she had been working on color selections for her new kitchen and that she had some ideas for how I could paint the kitchen in “rich” colors that would bring out the slate floor, and make the stainless and counter tops “pop.” She had the color chips in her CAR. And, what fabulous ideas they were, too – holy schmoly. She thinks that the walls should be painted in a dark, dusky sage green, and the cabinets and wood trim in a dark, nearly black grey/green. The idea is FABULOUS. I can’t wait to get it painted now, even with the risk of moving out soon.

I’m reading the follow on book to “Wicked,” about which I just raved a while back. It just isn’t grabbing me like “Wicked” did. I guess now that the Wicked Witch is dead, I don’t have as much interest. This story is about her son she had with the man whose death took her to the castle Kiamo Ko that we remember as “her” castle from the Frank Baum story. I don’t know that it’s starting slowly or what. I want to finish it quickly so I can send it to my sister.

So, yesterday I was snooping around on the internet (‘cause I do that sometimes,) and ran a search on Secret Agent Man’s license plate number. I had always thought that he worked in government, because his cars always looked like pool cars. Well, he does.

So, if everything he’s told me about his job is a lie .. what else is? The story that he doesn’t have a wife?

I guess it’s of no real consequence.

Also found the true identity of the Cajun daddy from two months ago. VERY interesting, but what could I do with it? Nothing, really. Knowledge is power, except when discretion and moral fibre prevents one from using the knowledge.

A woman just sat down next to me with a Treo 700p. She says it’s LIGHTNING fast, and she loves it. I’m really jealous now. I need to research what my 650 is worth used on eBay, and see if I can make sense of getting the newer one. She also said that she had heard there would be a NEWER version coming in November.

My evil sister Mikey finally had two minutes together to chat with me yesterday; I was SO glad to finally be able to just chew the fat about nothing at all. I’ve missed his company.

I wonder how long this is going to last?

I think it’s time to reflect on the Virtues, of which I’m speaking the next three Sundays.

No comments: