DJHJD

DJHJD

Saturday, April 08, 2006

So, this isn’t so much fun anymore

Mitch (the owner of this house) has now broken up with his girlfriend, and has brought his druggy ways back here. He has come here twice in the last four days, waking me up in the middle of the night and wanting to yammer at me about bullshit that he’s been talking about for years. Then, he has to do drugs and stay up until all hours of the morning. Last night, he managed to close ALL of the blinds in the house, lock himself into the upstairs bedrooms (both of them,) and let Barney out of the back yard. I just came home from a few hours away running errands and shopping with Chuck, and his truck is in the garage. The house smells of chemicals, and he’s no where to be found (although I must admit that I didn’t go into the last bedroom to see if he’s passed out there.)

I have to speak to him tomorrow or tonight and tell him that a.) I’m not interested in buying the house at anywhere near to what he’s asking, b.) I’m not willing to live here if he’s living here (I didn’t sign on for a room mate,) and c.) no more late night visits or drug use here, please.

Seems that Cassandra the Psychic was right on in telling me that it’s not the place for me to live. Yurg.

She said a lot of things yesterday. I’m digesting them, and I’ve shared most of them with Chuck – but no one else.

My wireless network isn’t working worth a shit down here in the living room. Blarg.

So, I’ve been out shopping for cars for months now. Ruby’s nearing 90,000 miles, and she’s had a few expensive repairs. She’s still not quite right, and .. well .. it’s been five years now. I’ve looked at the Phaeton (and shied away given that it’s probably the most expensive car to own in the US right now,) the Acura RL (which is about the same size inside as my friend’s Honda Civic four door,) the Infiniti M35/45 (which uses cheap looking elements inside, and doesn’t work with my Bluetooth at all,) and .. I didn’t like any of them enough to do something.

I’ve been looking at the Buick Lucerne online for a while. I saw one in Florida while helping my Dad shop for a car, and I saw one at the car show. They were both CX models – the base model that replaced the base LeSabre. Not impressive at all.

Of course, the one that I like the best is the CXS, which is basically a Cadillac DeVille DTS as a Buick. All the equipment that one can get on a DTS. Same engine, driveline, suspension, so on. I had looked at it, and it was interesting – nearly the exact size as the Acura RL, Infiniti M and Lexus GS. Much less money.

I took Chuck over there today to look at one that I had seen on David Taylor’s inventory. We didn’t see the one that we went to look at, but saw one that was black with the Tuxedo Blue and shale interior. It had everything on it but the navigation. They were willing to discount that one. I want one with navigation. Same colors, but with navigation. I asked them to order me one. They were all nervous about it. Apparently, the one I drove has been sitting there for some time unsold. They REALLY wanted to sell me that one.

I’m loving many things about this house – the room, the storage space, having the space between all the stuff. The backyard for the dogs. The garage. The wide driveway. But, you know – the house on Arncliffe that I used to live in would have these features; it would need updating, but it would have everything that is here – just not quite SO much room. But enough.

I do like this house, and this much room though. Cassandra said that this particular house was NOT good. And that Mitch was not someone to engage in at all.

Barney came back around noon, by the way. He’s had his little adventure. Ugh.

Another very full day tomorrow. I need to be rested; hopefully tonight won’t be full of drama.

No comments: