DJHJD

DJHJD

Monday, April 03, 2006

Monday, Monday ver. 754.01

Okay, I need to run downstairs and grab another cup of coffee before working on this.

The house is amazing, how quickly everything's coming together. Chuck came by last night and said "P&J were shopping for a freezer, and didn't find one, but they DID find a cooktop at the scratch & dent." So, I'm waiting to hear from him today as to WHERE this cooktop is, so I can go nab it.

Everything is looking so awesome. I need some book cases, I need a queen bed frame/mattress/foundation, a dining table and chairs, some drapes, more cleaning (say, a week's worth,) a pool man and three Centro Americaners with weed whackers.

Today, I have to organize the office and prepare a stack of tax returns. I was expecting Babs today, but she's MIA at this time.

I'm on dial up until Wednesday. At least they CAN get the DSL out here. Thank goodness; RoadRunner is so damned expensive. The ceiling fans in here are awesome. Last night, I think Chuck got frostbite, and the thermostat was only set to 74. I think I can go up another degree or better on the settings and see how that is.

If Barbara comes over, I'm setting her on the guest room. Daniel is coming over later, and he's going to be scrubbing the kitchen floor, the back door (outside, it's disgusting,) the upstairs bathroom and .. something. Oh, the windows on the front door. Scraping and cleaning.

Sleeping in this house has been interesting; for one, it's so big, that it requires an expanded sense of self, second, it's so QUIET. No drunk screaming people in the parking garage at 2:30, no cars bustling in and out, no roaring air conditioner, no rock quarrying upstairs.

I'm really loving being here. I'm already so much more comfortable here it's amazing.

Dial up is a hoot - it's so 1997. Still, it's better than working on my CELL phone. Urg. I need to finish up these non-work tasks, get downstairs and clean up, and then start putting this place together. Back later.

No comments: