DJHJD

DJHJD

Monday, March 20, 2006

Monday, Monday ver. 739.01

What a weird day. Guns showed up 40 minutes late, as per the norm, with another dramatic story of domestic silliness in the heterosexual community. We worked out for a bit more than an hour, with today's unusual physical activity involving squat jumps - crouching as low without resting on one's heels, then jumping (thrusting) upward and forward as high and far as one can off of the heels.

Three sets of 15 forward; three sets of 12 backward. Oof. And, I'm not wiped out like I was last week when we did lunges. I also failed to almost pass out, and I didn't have to lie on the floor for 15 minutes.

Guns was most impressed.

Then, I came back here, had a phone call or two, an IM or twenty, did my reading, did my banking, started getting cleaned up for a lunch meeting and had the most COOL and amazing idea about redeveloping existing subdivisions. I had to call Donna about it, and she got all excited too.

Lunch with John, Tom the Army Boy was our waiter, and oh my - he's a good one. Came back, more phone calls. All of a sudden, I remembered that I needed to put Ruby in for balancing/rotation and alignment. So, off to NTB (in the neighborhood) to drop her off. They wanted $8.99 PER WHEEL for balancing. I was like "you have GOT to be kidding me, right?"

I mentioned that I had purchased the tires from Sam's Club and had free balancing there, but didn't feel like driving outside the loop to accomplish this - I almost walked off, but then I thought - I have WORK to do today; I can't afford to drive a half hour to a Sam's, wait for two hours, then drive a half hour back. So, I turned back to the counter and said "just do it, please. I need it back by 5." They did it FOR FREE. Thank you VERY much.

Walked home by way of Randall's, the mailbox and the Warner Cable store. Then, what did I have to work on? Something. Then, it was nearly time to pick up the car. The mechanic at NTB told me that he's tweaked something in the suspension, and that it should both ride and handle much better. Then, off to have her cleaned up.

I'm driving to Port Arthur in the morning, and then back here to work for a while, then down to class in Clear Lake. Ruby was a little bouncy in the front between 60 and 70 mph.

So, that's done. I've gotten (through paid help) more Fabulair events researched up. Seventy one of them, actually. So, that makes - 20 + 47 + 71 + 50 = 188 events for the calendar. Only 2,312 to go.

I have signed up as the class reunion contact for our 30th anniversary of high school graduation (no one else was doing it,) but I'm NOT going to be the one who plans the whole thing. Fabulair will.

No comments: