DJHJD

DJHJD

Saturday, February 04, 2006

So, what's up with that?

Nick got his 1099s yesterday - and went ballistic. I thought it was funny. He blew up my phone for hours, and then sent me text messages telling me that he figured I was afraid of him (fat chance,) that he insisted that I talk to him - which I decided to assign the same priority that he's always given me - and THEN, he called me a fat F(*#^. Oh, boo hoo.

Spent the afternoon yesterday with James from Denver, who was overnighting. We had some fun hanging out, but there was just no chemistry. Which is fine; one can't assume that there will be. Talked about the charter airline that he works for - seems that they have an aircraft or two that would be ideal for Fabulair's use.

While out, I had to make a stop at the bank, and opened up the Fabulair bank accounts. That was a rewarding experience. Next week, I'm opening another account for my consulting business. Also, looked at becoming a regiatered QuickBooks consultant. Just the software discount is worthwhile.

Went to the car show last night, and was just shocked at how awful the quality of US cars seems to be. The Acura RL is the most exquisite and reachable car on the market. VW is now VERY plasticy in the manner of GM cars with their new Jetta and Passat.

Then, I spent a bunch of time last night researching the costs of ownership for the Acrua RL, the Infiniti M35 and (my favorite choice) a used Phaeton. Found a lease assumption on a Phaeton - my cost would be a DOLLAR A MILE with insurance and gasoline. Amazing. Ruby's driver's door is now not working correctly, which is an annoyance, but .. when I add up the costs of keeping her and driving that .. it's a hands-down deal.

And I still want the Phaeton..

Started contemplating ways to generate more income from my consulting website today and yesterday. I think I can do it, but I need some help from some people with better web skills than I have.

Have church tomorrow morning, of course, and then more client work.

I had something relatively profound to talk about, but it's gone.

1 comment:

picklesandroses.blogspot.com said...

You really should have the Phaeton but I've never heard of lease/purchase on a used car. Interesting.
And I do want to say that you did do a super job once again today at church. And I'm planning on coming on Tuesday and I'm hoping I can talk Ann into coming as well.
Instead of the Super Bowl, I'm going to watch the Movie Lines video.