DJHJD

DJHJD

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Monday Monday

Hump Day after a period of inactivity

I just haven’t had much to say.  There are lots of really cool things going on, and lots of things that are just plain unnerving.  

I’m going to start by talking about the cool things that are going on with New Vision.  First, we had twenty-one people on Sunday for Rev. Reed’s talk.  It was great!  Our press releases start this week, but I think that will take two weeks or so to ramp up.  I’m not sure.

Anyway, this next week, we’re going to start working on podcasting the Sunday services, and I’m doing a powerpoint presentation for the first time.  It should be awesome.  The place is looking better each week.  I’m going to start working on the website again (but not tonight) and add in a page about the new space we’re working to manifest.

Which is the OTHER really cool thing – we went yesterday to look at the upstairs space that we had rather decided was the place for us, and the people in the leasing office told us about an entirely different space that is at the end of the center.  The space was a dry cleaner (not a plant, just a drop-off)  The main room has an exposed brick wall, stained glass windows, a good size, has two nice nooks behind the main room, a small room that’s actually a large closet, but that would work for private counseling sessions (I think) a fair sized bathroom, and a SMOKING PATIO in back.  AWESOME.  The two small windows have flower boxes outside, which just call out for attention, and there’s a welcoming walk-up area under an overhang in front.  The front wall is the perfect size for a lovely sign with our logo on it, and it’s got a great energy.

I think we’ll be making a proposal on it by March 10, and then, we’ll be working out the details.  I’m already excited – I want everyone’s creative juices flowing in how we can paint, how we can put up lighting, wall decorations, putting together the coffee bar, putting together the little bookstore area, the couseling office, the flowers, the hallway, everything .. it’s just SO EXCITING.

And, eight months ago, we were on the verge of folding up shop, sort of.

Okay, it’s time for me to get some sleep – and work on having another productive day tomorrow.

1 comment:

picklesandroses.blogspot.com said...

Sunday was awesome and I just see more of the same from now on. We are family, ta de ta de ta dee. So what kind of $$ are we talking about for the new space?
I don't want to miss anything so I'm hoping Ken will take his computer to Sedona with us. Yay new Vision.