DJHJD

DJHJD

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Technology Tuesday

Okay, so we’re having technology breakdowns here at the Office de Divo.  The printer is back to its old ways of figuring that it’s got a paper jam.  The bottom drawer of the filing cabinet has fallen down and it can’t get up, and now, the shredder has stopped working after many hours of valuable service today.

I shredded eight bags of old records – I felt like one of Enron’s financial staff.  I had put everything to be shredded into a big box, which was full to overflowing.  All kinds of paperwork from old lenders, old employers, old receipts, old bank statements.  I got about forty files re-labeled and put in more suitable file drawers.  

So, things in the office are looking pretty spiffy.  Ish.  And, I have some tax returns to do, some marketing to do, my homework to do, blah, blah, blah.  And a busted printer.  And a busted shredder.  That’s working again.  Apparently, I was overworking it.

Had dinner with David tonight – we always have such great conversations when we hang out.  He was talking about some PBS show he had watched that showed a scientific connection between the genetic disposition of some people to die of bubonic plague, some to get it but not die, and others to be unaffected – the identical genetic mutuation also protects against HIV.  

Already 8:37.  Why do my lights come on (mentally speaking) at this hour and carry on into the night?

No comments: