DJHJD

DJHJD

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Tuesday that feels like Monday - ver. 2.01

This morning's blood sugar - 310. Still 200 points too high, but it's much better than the last few weeks, and it's 22 points lower than yesterday morning's reading.

In response to my New York Times article about there being no bisexual men, my dear friend Alma wrote me:

"Interesting. I’d always just assumed that there were some men who would just as soon stick it in a tree.

However, just to make thing a little more complex, read this: Dreg?er, Alice Domurat. (1999). Intersex in the Age of Ethics. University Publishing Group. One of the people interviewed doesn’t even identify him/herself clearly as either a man or a woman.

And if you really want to be infuriated about societal attitudes toward gender (assuming you can bump up your medication and avoid a stroke): try: Colapinto, John. (2000) As Nature Made Him: The Boy Who Was Raised as a Girl. Harper Collins

On the other hand, I’m fully prepared to believe that there are guys out there faking it to get their laundry and cooking done

Yours in utter cynicism,

Alma"

I just adore her.

So, I'm almost done logging, reading, returning, calling, setting appointments and the like. Time to clean up, and get ready for this afternoon's round of meetings.

No comments: