DJHJD

DJHJD

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Dixie Carter receives her homage but not from me

Well, I guess she must have kicked the bucket. Probably having a nigger democrat in the White House was more than her system could take.

I loved her work, and thought the world of her until the evening of the Texas/Wyoming ball following W's 2001 inauguration. I was already in a piss-poor mood, and working my way toward being pissed (as in drunk). Before W and Darth Vader arrived in the ballroom to address the minions, Dixie Carter took the stage and suggested to everyone that they, the winners, needed to extend a hand of friendship and conciliation across the aisle. She then launched into 10 minutes of rabid diatribe against liberals, the Clintons (who were no liberals, thank you) and the intellect of anyone who supported or voted for such people.

THEN, Kelsey Grammer joined her on the stage and they bantered back and forth a while.

After that evening, I've never given a moment's attention to the work of either, and I've chosen to leave or turn off any work by them that inadvertently came in front of me.

I'm sorry she's gone for the loss of her talent, and I know the pain of those who loved her as a person. However, she used her platform to spread hate and violence and for that I have no shame in saying "Good Riddance".

3 comments:

MichaelaKM said...

Don't you think that by referring to President Obama as 'a nigger democrat' is equally hateful? Even if you are talking about her view toward Obama and not your own, referring to anyone as 'nigger' is completely disrespectful and offensive. I'm not a complete advocate of Obama, but at least I have the decency to refer to him as a person, not as an animalistic entity.

MichaelaKM said...

And yes, some of Clinton's policies, such as NAFTA, the expansion of the death penalty, the "ask don't tell policy" and the Defense of Marriage Act can be seen as centrist, or even right wing, ultimately Clinton's goals (such as the One America Initiative or Universal healthcare) proved to be very liberal in nature. I would therefore argue that it was Congress and not the president that pursued the ideas that were later on enacted into laws. The majority of his presidency was spent arguing against a Republican Congress. If you look at Clinton's more recent work through the William J. Clinton Foundation, you can see that he pursued many liberal ideas, such as Aids prevention, again, health care, and the disintegration of racial, economic and religious lines.

MichaelaKM said...

Who are you talking to?