DJHJD

DJHJD

Friday, October 17, 2008

Sunny, mild and temperate AGAIN

How does one deal with this?

This morning, talking with Jan the Fabulous, I was again reminded that one needs to have a goal or a "want" that is bigger than the thoughts and worries that plague each of us every day. I looked back through my little notebook that I keep the wants and dreams in, and there they were - and still valid. Apparently, either they aren't "big" enough or they keep sliding back into obscurity.

Someone has put up a "McCain/Palin" poster in an office window a block away. It may be the only one in the city.

Jackie (the dog) is not eating, and may be really rattled with the huge change in environment and routine. I'm going to go over to the Dog Palace today (probably taking her with me) and see if they have anything that piques her interest. I've tried some psychology with her (lifted from the movie "To Live and Die in Beverly Hills,") and that generated a modicum of interest on her part, but no consumption.

Last night, I spent my Friday night doing a bunch of geekazoid research to disprove something in a Wikipedia article about Potrero Hill - this involved looking into the chronology and build locations of US Navy Battleships going back to the 1880s. WHOO! It was kind of fun, which tells you just what it is that trips my trigger.

Been contemplating what comes next for the last few days. I have some more work to do, but first, I have to do some actual WORK. I've done some cleaning around here today, but now it's time to crack the work product open.

No comments: