DJHJD

DJHJD

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

What a difference some suede makes...

So, a few weeks ago, I was sick of the red in my bedroom. I bought all of the red nearly five years ago to go with my purple bedroom over on Bagby.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I was out shopping with John and in addition to my canyon red teakettle (which I still adore, by the by,) I bought a new bed set. I liked the new bed set, and it certainly complimented my idea of coffee brown for the room. But, I still had the el-cheapo red silk drapes from Wal-Mart from 2003.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Well, I power shopped. Target.com, BedBathandBeyond.com, JCPenney.com and eBay. You may notice that I'm not much one for bricks and mortar shopping. I had in mind something slightly darker, suede-y to go with the new bed set.

I thought I had found some about three weeks ago - they were just the right color, had a lot of texture appeal, and right before I was going to pull the trigger I checked the .. uh .. size. They were about 18" too short. So I kept on.

Over the weekend, I found a pair of Pottery Barn drapes. Lined. The right size. REALLY good price (what I would have paid for them at PB back five years ago.)

Nabbed 'em. The seller was in Kalamazoo (!) and she must have slapped 'em on a Northwest jet, 'cause they arrived in two days. I got them this afternoon and hung them up this evening .. and I'm grinning from ear to ear. They're AWESOME. They're also heavy and lined, so I won't have glowing windows keeping me awake at night. Should cut back on the noise, too.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Happy happy happy.

No comments: