DJHJD

DJHJD

Friday, April 28, 2006

Incompetance

Legacy Health (formerly the Montrose Clinic) may be cheap, but their office practices leave a great deal to be desired. Their reception desk people uniformly make appointment errors the responsibility of the patient. Today, my regular bi-weekly appointment is "canceled" - and when informing me of this, I'm asked why? your appointment was canceled. How should I have known that? well, you canceled it. If I had, why would I have driven 17 miles and paid $2 in tolls to be here on time? why are you here? Then, I'm required to retell my medical history and my reason for the (cxld) appointment to the same guy who, six weeks ago when trying to draw my blood, punctured me in three places, caused me great discomfort and, when unable to draw blood (because he was digging around in the back of my hand, having gone through my vein like a lawn dart) he asked whether I'd been drinking enough water. So, I sit here, with no indication of whether or if I'll be seen. I haven't eaten (these are all fasting appointments) so, severe bitchiness will surely be soon. And, given the level of care given to the uninsured in this country, I should consider myself quite lucky.

Sent using Sprint PCS Business Connection Personal Edition. Sign up at bc.sprintpcs.com.

No comments: