DJHJD

DJHJD

Thursday, May 20, 2004

Friday evening, and the first time I've skipped the gay.com-a coffee event in weeks. I didn't leave the office until 6:00, and by the time I got home, got the dogs out and so on, it was time to go over there and I just flat didn't feel like it.

The weekend is upon me, and my weekends have been so much more fun than in years. Friday nights have become social, albiet with the gay.com girls, and then Saturday mornings with Mikey and the Ben Breakfast at Barnaby's. Tomorrow at 11:45, I'm picking up Judy at the airport, and we're going to knock around until it's time for Safari. I have to transcribe some poetry tomorrow morning, and I have to work on my "lesson" for church on Sunday. I've already planned it out, so I just have to make some outline notes and be prepared. And dig up some quotes.

This weekend's challenging question is - do I give Jarred a gift? Two gifts? I have started writing a poem for him .. which I referred to two nights ago. I picked up this really cool little foilo to transcribe some poetry into (it's all in the archived blog, folks) and I've decided to call my nascent collection of poems about men "Deep Smit." Which amuses me. Jarred's poem is going to be titled "Universal Obsession."

Worked with Rick today for six hours. Got some things done. We set up a merge document for the full service recruiting side that we'll start sending out every two weeks. That's a cool thing. Did a bunch of projections on our a la carte side, and that's starting to look even more promising than before.

My house is no where near my normal standards of "clean." With Judy coming in, I was torn between cleaning it up for her, or waiting until her whirlwind leaves and cleaning then.

I have to get my car cleaned up tomorrow. Yeek! It's just disgusting. I'm going to see about the state inspection and an oil change, too.

Well, that's the update. I'll write more about how my sermon on graduation goes.

No comments: