DJHJD

DJHJD

Monday, March 10, 2003

Truth is stranger than fiction -

What a weekend.

Friday night, was quiet, and got ready to teach on Saturday morning. Saturday was a pillar to post kind of a day; up and out to teach at 8:45, then home, then immediately to lunch with Nicole, then to Richard's to help him with QuickBooks, then home to empty mutts and out to have dinner with Dr. John. Then, Curtis called and asked if I wanted to go bowling with him. In Conroe.

For those who don't know, I live downtown in Houston, and Conroe is .. 40 miles north of me.

So, I trekked to Humble (not on the way to Conroe except that it's north of me) to pick up Curtis, his girlfriend, and her brother - then cut over on 1960 to I-45 north and drove to the bowling alley in Conroe.

At 11:00 at night.

Of course, no one [but me] had any money, so I ended up paying for all four of us.

Curtis' girlfriend threw a fit because she wasn't bowling very well, and the rest of us bowled until about 1:45. As we were packing up, I asked Curtis if he was spending the night at his girlfriend's house.

Turns out, he had in mind to come spend the night with me, leaving his truck at his girlfriend's house, then me driving him back on Sunday.

In the car Saturday night, he was talking about how he and she would be married now if not for somethingorother, and blah, blah, blah. When she put our names into the bowling computer, I noticed that she was already starting to use his last name.

Then, yesterday, he asked me to introduce him to some nice downtown women - I said "I thought you were getting married!"

"No, he says, just because she's pregnant doesn't mean I have to make the mistake bigger by marrying her."

Good lord.

Okay, back to preparing tax returns. More later. Curtis is going to the rodeo with me tonight.

No comments: